Thursday 14 May 2009

Sen Joe Lieberman Disagrees with Pelosi











Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) said today that he "totally disagrees" with Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.) assertion that the CIA regularly misleads Congress.

"No, on that specific point I totally disagree," Lieberman told MSNBC's Norah O'Donnell. "Over the 20 years I've been here, I've been briefed constantly by the CIA, and I'd say they've told me the truth as they see it."
At a press conference today, Pelosi argued that the CIA lied to her in September 2002 about whether Abu Zubaydah had been waterboarded.

"Those briefing me gave me inaccurate and incomplete information," Pelosi said. "At the same time, the Bush administration was misleading the American people about the threat of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq."
She added: "They mislead us all the time."

Eric Zimmermann, The Hill’s Blog Breifing Room, May 14, 2009