Thursday 4 August 2011

How Oprah Winfrey screwed America speech endorsing Barack Obama-birthday bash in Chicago

This put Oprah on the top of my shit list.

The Blaze

Winfrey is “happy to be of service” for Obama’s reelection campaign, she said in a statement Wednesday. “I supported Barack Obama in 2008 because I believed then as I do now that he is the right man for the job,” she said.

Back in ‘08, Winfrey’s backing of Obama helped him bring down the most well-known well-oiled campaign machine: Bill and Hillary Clinton. When she first interviewed Obama in a 2004 issue of her magazine “O,” the queen of daytime said, “[W]hen I decided to talk with you (Obama), people around me were like, ‘What’s happened to you?’ I said, ‘I think this is beyond and above politics.’ It feels like something new.”

This time, Winfrey will have to acknowledge more than “something new;” she‘ll have to talk about Obama’s record. And with unemployment teetering around 9 percent and the president’s approval rating
hitting new lows, energizing voters (white working-class women in particular) will likely be a bigger struggle than it was in ‘08

More here