Sunday 14 August 2011

Tim Pawlenty, Out of GOP race. Don’t let the door hit your butt, Tim!

When Pawlenty first announced, I yawned and asked to be awaken when something interesting happened.



Now that he quits after a poor showing at the Iowa Straw Poll, my lack of excitement was justified.



Let’s face it. Tim is probably a nice guy, but he put my feet to sleep. He had no shot at getting the GOP nod. So let’s move on to more compelling candidates.



ABC News



Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty is
dropping out of the Republican presidential contest, after a disappointing third-place finish in the Iowa Straw Poll Saturday.



"We needed to get some lift to continue on and have a pathway forward," Pawlenty said this morning in an exclusive interview on "This Week." "That didn't happen, so I'm announcing this morning on your show that I'm going to be ending my campaign for president.



"I'm very, very grateful for the people of Iowa," Pawlenty added. "I wish it would have been different, but obviously the pathway forward for me doesn't really exist, so we're going to end the campaign."



More here



Yawn to the tenth degree!



Memeorandum