Monday 17 January 2011

Is Planet Fitness commercial with “I pick things up and put them down,” bodybuilder guy really funny or just mean spirited?


The first few times I heard this commercial on TV, I was laying in bed relaxing. Since I really wasn’t watching the tube, I though, “Wow, Arnold Schwarzenegger is already making commercials since he no longer gov of California. So I decided to look it up on You Tube



After actually watching it and realizing that it wasn’t Schwarzenegger but a big brawny German bodybuilder, I didn’t find the commercial funny anymore.

Maybe I’m looking too much into it, but the gym guy giving a tour of the gym comes across as a arrogant weasel jerk treating this bodybuilder who apparently doesn’t know any other English other than, “I pick things up and put them down”, very rude.

It ain’t funny, it’s mean.