Monday 21 March 2011

Pawlenty appoints exploratory committee and I can’t stop yawing!



Sorry Tim, but your exploratory group needs to recommend that you’re ship stay tied to the dock. Of course whenever somebody announces setting up a committee it means they’re making a run for the presidency.

I’m sure Pawlenty is a nice guy, but I get absolutely no visceral feeling in my gut that this guy has a chance. A candidate has to illicit some sort of feeling from the voter. Anything whether its curiosity, mystery, or excitement, it has to be something, a buzz.

In my opinion, Pawllenty is like broccoli, it’s good for you, but do you really get excited about eating it?

The Blaze reports that Tim Pawlenty, the former Minnesota governor largely unknown outside his home state, on Monday became the first major Republican presidential candidate in a slow-to-gel GOP field, launching an exploratory committee for the 2012 race.

In a Hollywood-style web video designed to appeal to tea partyers and establishment Republicans alike, Pawlenty urged GOP backers to join him to “take back our government. This is our country.”



Of course I could be totally wrong about Pawlenty. Maybe a year from now, he’ll blow my doors off.

But, I doubt it.

Also, a tip to all potential GOP nominees.

Don’t show any Ronald Reagan footage in a video. It’s a very lazy way to score points. But “pimping” Reagan’s image will not move me whatsoever. If a candidate can articulate a conservative message like Reagan, without having to mention the man’s name every 3 or 4 sentences that will get you noticed. Otherwise you’re just faking it.