Saturday 19 March 2011

War Games, still a thrilling ride after 28 years.

This movie came out when I was 20 yrs old and it scared the crap out of me.

Directed by John Badham and starring Matthew Broderick, Ally Sheedy, Dabney Coleman, John Wood, and Barry Corbin. Corbin, a great character actor, steals the movie in my opinion.

It’s funny how the computer equipment seems so ancient from out of the Stone Age. But, in 1983 it was all cutting edge and only computer geeks owned personal computers.

I don’t have War Games in my personal DVD collection and I rarely recommend films I don’t own. However, I’ll make an except for War Games which is still thrilling although somewhat dated as far as Cold War tensions between the Soviet Union which still existed at the time this film was released and the United S States. This is what made the film so impactful for its time.

Worth picking up!