Thursday 17 March 2011

Where’s God in Japan?

I had a reader ask, “Why would God let what’s happening in Japan happen? This kind of question always comes up after a natural disaster.

It’s a legitimate question.

I won’t presume to know the mind of God. However, the answer to the “why” question may not be answered for another 100 years. What I do know is that He’s always in sovereign control of all that occurs on earth and His purpose shall be served.

Remember all the oil that spilled in the Gulf of Mexico and how it was called it the worst spill in U.S. history. All those millions of gallons disappeared thanks to organisms that ate all the oil. They can’t find any of itl today despite all the dire predictions of an ecological disaster.

You think the oil just disappeared by coincidence?
Think again!

I’ve heard some say Japan is being punished for being a Buddhist nation. I disagree with this line of thinking. Nevertheless, I believe God has a way of breaking a person, or even a nation down to grab their attention. I think there’s going to be a Great Christian Awakening in Japan.

Remember this, there’s beauty in brokenness and His mercy has no limits.