Wednesday 10 February 2010

Doritos Commercial Little Black Boy Slaps Black Man


I had mixed feelings about this commercial and my wife, who’s Black, did not find it funny at all.



Aside from the fact the little boy says
“keep your ‘on’ on my moma,
keep your hands ‘on’ my Doritos

instead of saying “off” both times, what’s funny about a little Black boy prone to violence at such a young age?

Yeah, I get that the boy is reacting to the man leering at his mother’s booty. But, most 5 yr olds don’t know anything about that type of behavior. And if they do, the kid has some serious environmental issues.

I was raised by two parents, so the dynamic of being raised by a single mother is something that I can’t possibly relate to.

However, on Booker Rising, a commenter who was raised by a single mom said this:

“Being a man raised by a single mom, I saw this all too often and as a kid, I didn't find it amusing, I didn't trust any of the guys trying to go after my mother.

Of course many will say I'm thinking about it too hard but what I see is Liberals testing how high they can raise the bar in stereotypes (mainly in the black community). 'Well if they laugh at that, what else can we get away with?'"


Food for thought.

Via Booker Rising

From The Last Tradition