Monday 15 February 2010

Evan Bayh: Gone! Won't Seek Re-Election


In a sign of the bad times for the Obama administration and the Democrat Party in general, yet another prominent Dem has decided to pack up and go home.

At this rate, the Republicans will control congress before the November mid-term elections due to attrition of fraidy-cat Dem pols that are unwilling to face an angry electorate.

Indiana Sen. Evan Bayh will not seek re-election this year, a decision that hands Republicans a prime pickup opportunity in the middle of the country.


Bayh is the fifth Democratic Senator not seeking re-election. He joins Sens. Chris Dodd (Conn.), Byron Dorgan (N.D.), Ted Kaufman (Del.) and Roland Burris (Ill.) on the sidelines. Six Republicans are retiring: Sens. Kit Bond (Mo.), George Lemieux (Fla.), Judd Gregg (N.H.), George Voinovich (Ohio), Sam Brownback (Kans.) and Jim Bunning (Ky.)


"My decision was not motivated by political concern," Bayh is expected to say in an upcoming statement, "Even in the current challenging environment, I am confident in my prospects for re-election."

Let me translate: I was going to get my ass kicked in November, so let me get the hell out of Dodge now and save face!


Via Washington Post

Via Memeoradum

From The Last Tradition